Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The 20 Most Useful Apps for Android - TechRepublic Editor's Choice

September 16, 2011, 12:57 PM PDT
Takeaway: Jason Hiner provides his list of the top 20 tried-and-true Android smartphone apps that are worth your time to download.

The Android Market may not have as many apps as the iPhone App Store yet, but there are still more than enough to be overwhelmed, and it continues to grow at a breakneck pace. To help you sort through them all, here is my latest list of the 20 most useful Android apps (this is an update of my 2010 Android list). I’ve also recently updated my list of the most useful iPhone apps and you’ll notice several of the same apps on both lists.

Remember that I primarily had business professionals in mind when making this list and also keep in mind that this is a snapshot in time. The Android platform is developing so quickly that I guarantee my home screen will look different a month from now.

Still, here’s my list of tried-and-true Android apps that I can highly recommend.

Read the list:  http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/hiner/the-20-most-useful-android-smartphone-apps-of-2011/9202?tag=nl.e099