Use your fingertips to scroll through Earth history for the last 4.5 billion years!
EarthViewer is like a time machine for exploring the deep history of planet Earth, a tool based on the latest scientific research.
Follow a favorite location, be it Greenland or New York City as it makes an incredible journey throughout Earth’s history. Layer your view of shifting continents with data such as atmospheric composition, temperature, biodiversity, day length, and solar luminosity.
• Data and continental reconstructions dating back billions of years
• Climate and carbon dioxide data for the last 100 years
• The ability to manipulate the globe and zoom to any location
• Track the location of modern cities back over 500 million years
• In depth features on major geological and biological events in Earth history
• Clickable details on geologic eons, eras, and periods
• Automated play modes
• An extensive reference list
• Suggestions for classroom use
• Tutorial videos